While seven people waited behind me, the girl at the checkout counter asked me, “So, are you from around here?”
🙂 🙂 🙂
- Yes, I am.
- No, you’re not.
- Sure I am, don’t I look Mexican?
- No, you don’t look Mexican. Not at all.
- You’re right. I’m from Denver, Colorado.
- Where’s that?
- Hmmm, well, it’s in the United States; in the mountains.
- But, why are you in Toluca when you could be in the United States?
- Well, it’s interesting being here. Not for you, I’m sure, but it is for me 🙂
By now the people waiting in line behind me were getting antsy, so I smiled, wished her a good day and left 🙂